Getting the best of people (1) - Dealing with disappointments

I have come to appreciate each individual's uniqueness as God's way of distributing gifts and delegating duties. I also see our similarities as a God given reason to love one another as we love the self. 

When I was in my early teens my parents read me various books. My Dad always wanted to impart wisdom and one of the statements he read me several times was, "everyone you meet is your superior in something". Partly because of this teaching I always try to see the best in people. At first I was often disappointed by people whose "best" I believed in. However with time I learnt to distinguish people's "best" from my expectations for them.

Disappointment comes where expectations fail but the best of people always remains a possibility.


Comments

Popular Posts